Water is perhaps the most valuable resource to mankind, Left unchecked, though, it can wreak havoc on your house and budget! We suggest you follow these recommendations to save time and money.
- If a freeze is imminent, let the water drip at one or two faucets inside your home. Moving water has a tough time freezing.
- Insulate all visible pipes with “foam-sleeve” insulation which is widely available.
- If your unit is in an enclosed shelter, don’t let the foam insulation fool you. As a precaution, hang a work-light inside to keep the temperature above the freezing mark.
- If they do freeze use a blow dryer, an electric space heater, or a heating pad wrapped around the pipe to thaw it.
- If you can’t locate or access the frozen area, or even have a pipe burst, try to turn off your water supply and call a licensed plumber.