Eight Important Facts About water That You Should Know & Share.
Eight important facts about water that you should know & share.
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. This likely applies to half the world’s population.
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
- Even mild dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 3%.
- One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
- Lack of water is the number one trigger of daytime fatigue.
- Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or printed page.
- Drinking five glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.