The technology behind water softening can sometimes be confusing. Many myths have been told by those not completely understanding this technology. In this month’s article Sweetwater Home Services would like to “debunk” some of these myths and separate fact from fiction.
- Myth #1 Water softeners add lots of salt to your water.
- Myth #2 Removing calcium and magnesium by water softening will deprive your body of necessary nutrients.
- Myth #3 Salt-free systems work the same as a typical water softener that uses salt. This is simply not true.
- Myth #4 You can never rinse the soap off in softened water.
- Myth #5 Drinking purified water from a reverse osmosis system can leach essential minerals from your body.